Seite 1 von 91 1231151 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 1812

Thema: Down Skis -thread, all info on Down Skis.

Freeskier

Standard Down Skis -thread, all info on Down Skis.

Hi everyone, I start this thread with the intent of providing answers to any of your questions regarding Down Skis, and in keeping all such information in one place.

Thanks to Joerga for the tip, and apologies for not being able to communicate in German.

Simen Stori
    Co-owner/Head Designer
    Down Skis

Freeskier Avatar von blindside

Standard AW: Down Skis -thread, all info on Down Skis.

when will the first CD 2´s from the presale be delivered?

Freeskier Avatar von campagnard

great to have you here! Thanks

Freeskier Avatar von MaxFree

Is there possibly a special-after-pre-sale-offer for the cd 1 for poor guys who run out of money because of wedding costs and therefore couldn’t take the chance to order in August? Just kidding
    Nice ski in any case, I can hardly wait for next year offers.

Freeskier Avatar von Kartoffelstampfer

Do you have some blems oft the 0 they unfortunately were produced in 195 or bigger? Fortunately I know some one who will take them.
    jo, generell gilt: viel taillierung=eher schlecht abseits.

Freeskier Avatar von pelzkartoffel

Hi Simen,

I'm on last years CD2, which I bought at the very end of last season in march. Therefore, I didn't get to ride it that much. However, in several threads I read about "detuning" the ski, i.e. the tips. What I'd like to know is, what that is good for and how it is done. I understand, that it's supposed to prevent one from hooking, but so far haven't experienced that, but as I said, I didn't get to ride the ski a lot so far and neither in really good pow conditions.

Thanks for your reply in advance
    Max
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

Moderator Avatar von freak

Zitat Zitat von pelzkartoffel Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Simen,

I'm on last years CD2, which I bought at the very end of last season in march. Therefore, I didn't get to ride it that much. However, in several threads I read about "detuning" the ski, i.e. the tips. What I'd like to know is, what that is good for and how it is done. I understand, that it's supposed to prevent one from hooking, but so far haven't experienced that, but as I said, I didn't get to ride the ski a lot so far and neither in really good pow conditions.

Max
    im endeffekt verhindert das ein greifen der kante im bereich der stumpf gemacht wurde. das dient dazu zu verhindern das der ski im bereich des tips/tails im gerockerten bereich beim aufkanten wenn sich der ski durchbiegt plötzlich greift. das kann auf hartem schnee unangenehm sein (tragisch ists aber auch nicht). man macht das mit ner feile oder nem stein, einfach die kante im bereich der tips und tails etwas abstumpfen. wenn du den ski schon paarmal gefahren bist kannst dirs auch sparen, die kanten sind dann eh schon stumpf.

freak~[&]
    Vom Rathaus in die Diskothek ist es nur ein kurzer Weg!

Freeskier

Zitat Zitat von Kartoffelstampfer Beitrag anzeigen
    Do you have some blems oft the 0 they unfortunately were produced in 195 or bigger? Fortunately I know some one who will take them.
    same for me for a 1 and 3. and a 4 in 190.

für detuning entfehle ich harte kunstschneepisten und bumms in den beinen. läuft.
    𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑑𝑢𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝐸𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝑈𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑛’𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑝𝑦𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑙𝑎𝑤.

Freeskier

Zitat Zitat von blindside Beitrag anzeigen
    when will the first CD 2´s from the presale be delivered?
    CD2´s will be one of the first models to be produced, so it will likely be delivered some time before our stated shipping date of Dec. 1st. I make no promises, though. Shipping by Dec. 1st is all I can guarantee.

Freeskier

Zitat Zitat von MaxFree Beitrag anzeigen
    Is there possibly a special-after-pre-sale-offer for the cd 1 for poor guys who run out of money because of wedding costs and therefore couldn’t take the chance to order in August? Just kidding
    Watch out for the 22nd of september. Pay attention to our facebook page etc. for details.

Freeskier

Zitat Zitat von Kartoffelstampfer Beitrag anzeigen
    Sadly, no skis were accidentally longer than the milled aluminium mold. ;-)

We may have something for you, send me a pm for details.

Freeskier

Zitat Zitat von pelzkartoffel Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Simen,

Max
    The main idea is to prevent any part of the tapered tip/tail of the ski to engage into the snow and start turning "the wrong way". I detune everything which is not sidecut on the skis, and use a file at about 45 degrees, really rounding the edges and do a slight transition into the sidecut using a stone. This is partly personal preference and partly from where I´m used to skiing, where there´s a lot of windblown snow and less than perfect conditions. In pow, it makes no difference.

If you measure along the base of the ski from the tip and tail, the start and end of the sidecut is located as follows:

Tip Tail
    Countdown 0: 342mm 293mm
    Countdown 1: 386mm 303mm
    Countdown 2: 347mm 252mm
    Countdown 3: 350mm 293mm
    Countdown 4: 330mm 213mm
    Countdown 5: Everything
    Countdown 6: 347mm 192mm
    Countdown 7: 292mm 257mm

Moderator Avatar von freak

nochmal für einen tag presale preise für kurzentschlossene...

Is there possibly a special-after-pre-sale-offer for the cd 1 for poor guys who run out of money
    because of wedding costs and therefore couldn’t take the chance to order in August? Just kidding
    http://www.downskis.com/blog

freak~[&]
    Vom Rathaus in die Diskothek ist es nur ein kurzer Weg!

Freeskier

Nice to see a manufacturer chiming in
    So maybe i can have a little insight...
    Because i´ve always wondered, why Down favours a more traditional design for their pow skis and not went with a fatter Version of the CD5, or a hybrid shape (like L138, Protest, ARG)?
    Greetings from a happy CD4 user
    Geändert von beatbop (23.09.2013 um 23:39 Uhr)

Moin,

hat jemand am Sonntag noch nen Down Ski bestellt und schon eine Antwortmail bekommen?
    Grüße,
    Max

Freeskier

Moin,

hat jemand am Sonntag noch nen Down Ski bestellt und schon eine Antwortmail bekommen?
    Grüße,
    Max
    Jep, hab nen CD2 bestellt und direkt mit PP bezahlt. Keine 5 min später hatte ich die Mail mit Order-Nr. und Details im Kasten.

Freeskier

schau mal in deinem Spam Ordner. Meine Bestätigung ist auch irgendwie dort gelandet und es gab wohl schon bei einigen anderen das Problem...

Zitat Zitat von Muruaneq Beitrag anzeigen
    schau mal in deinem Spam Ordner. Meine Bestätigung ist auch irgendwie dort gelandet und es gab wohl schon bei einigen anderen das Problem...
    Ne, da ist leider auch nichts. Ich hab Geo jetzt mal geschrieben und warte geduldig auf eine Antwort :-)

Freeskier

Zitat Zitat von beatbop Beitrag anzeigen
    Nice to see a manufacturer chiming in
    So maybe i can have a little insight...
    Because i´ve always wondered, why Down favours a more traditional design for their pow skis and not went with a fatter Version of the CD5, or a hybrid shape (like L138, Protest, ARG)?
    Greetings from a happy CD4 user
    There are a few reasons for it...

I´ve previously owned a pair of rev/rev´s and while I found them to do very well in less than perfect conditions (chopped up heavy snow, breakable crust etc), I found there was a lack of tip float in deep snow so that the tips could not be driven properly and that the loss in versatility was simply not worth it. A tip/tail tapered design achieves the same benefits in difficult snow, while having much better tip float in deep snow and a versatility that makes them fun over a wider range of conditions and applications. We have made the CD5 in order to highlight the major benefits of a true rev/rev design (ie a "narrow" rev/rev optimized for difficult snow conditions where the rev/rev design truly shines), but our fattest pow skis are more traditional in shape for the reasons listed above.

Interestingly the latest L138 is much more traditional than it´s earlier versions, the Spoon is more conventional still (in shaping and specs at least) and the ARG has been replaced by the much more traditional Bubba. The Protest remains the same as it has been for a while now, but is based around making a more versatile version of the Powderboards. They all share the common trait of having very little sidecut (except the Bubba), which is something we have incorporated in the 1, 3 and 4 and to some extent in all our models due to having generous taper in the tips and tails.

Freeskier

Zitat Zitat von SiSt Beitrag anzeigen
    I found there was a lack of tip float in deep snow (...)
    A tip/tail tapered design achieves the same benefits in difficult snow, while having much better tip float in deep snow and a versatility that makes them fun over a wider range of conditions and applications.
    ist auch meine Meinung.
    Es ist wirklich spassig einen R/R Ski zu besitzen und zu fahren wie die Powderboards, aber ehrlich gesagt nutze ich die PBs nur an 3-4 Tagen in der Saison noch und eben genau dann, wenn ich davon ausgehe, dass der Schnee nicht perfekt ist und gleichzeitig wenig Buckelpiste zu erwarten ist. Meist heisst das ich nutze die PBs nur bei Neuschnee in Kombination mit sehr viel Wind/windanfälliges Gebiet. Ansonsten wähle ich immer den 3er, der taugt mir bei allen Bedingungen einfach am meisten -durchschnittlich -, und speziell bei allen Arten weichen Schnees ist er einfach gut zu fahren für mich.
    𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑑𝑢𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝐸𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝑈𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑛’𝑠 𝑐𝑜𝑝𝑦𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑙𝑎𝑤.