PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : wie länge sollen die skis sein?

Charlie.
16.01.2009, 20:47
hee,
im charlie and im pretty new here.
i actually do wanna learn how to (free)ski.
but now ive got a few quistions.
how long do your ski's actually need to be?

im 1,83 long, i wanna go freestyle skiing, and i weight about 65 kilo. im a girl i that makes any difference.;)

and ive got another quistion aswell,
can i start skiing on twintippers?
ive never been skiing before.

tanx!:)

edit: sorry for the fact that im talking english, but my german is kinda worse.

Schmichl
16.01.2009, 21:10
You are a girl and you are 1,83 cm? I fear big girls like you...

Sure you can start skiing on Twintips, but I wouldn't. Normal skis are way more easy to learn skiing, they have better grip on groomed tracks and usually they are also way more easy to change direction.

If you start skiing I would recommend a ski not longer then 1,75 cm with a thin plate. I wouldn't start skiing on twintips because I guess for the next 1-2 winters you won't be able to do anything with them you couldn't do with normal skis, and normal skis help you while learning how to ski on normal groomed tracks.

Good luck.

Charlie.
16.01.2009, 21:42
haha, i hate beeing so tall!

but tanx for your answer,
so you recommend a ski no longer then 1.75,
but (i know it might sounds stupid and stuff, but i dont know much about ski's...) how long do they at least have to be?

k1l
17.01.2009, 00:48
with the fact that you have never been skiing before i advise you to rent some skis at the location you are going to. because:
- if you dont like skiing after all you dont have to sell them for less money afterwards
- if smth doesnt fit right you can go to the store and change it

Charlie.
21.01.2009, 20:56
yeah i understand.
but i work at a boardshop, so i can get some ski's with me for free.

some one knows how long those ski's at least have to be?
tanx for any answers by the way.

splat
21.01.2009, 21:19
well there is no real limit. You can even ski on skis that are around 70cm. But that looks kind of stupid and isn't really easier than skiing on normal lenght. Usually your skis on groomers should be around -10cm your body heigt, but as your an absolut beginner it might be easier for you to start with a ski around 140cm. Just borrow them from a shop at the skiresort an try it.

Charlie.
21.01.2009, 21:22
so thats actually the same with snowboarding.
well thanks for the answers:)

MBG
22.01.2009, 17:41
I'd say 140cm is a bit short for 183 of personal height. if u rent skis i wouldnt go lower than 170cm because otherwise u really could start with some snowblades.

but i think the guys at the rental store will tell u something like that

splat
23.01.2009, 20:57
If she bought the ski, to ski it for a longer time like 2-3 years, 140 would of course be to short, but i think just for doing the first steps and learning the basics in skiing, a short ski is much easier to handel, than one in almost bodylenght. Advantages a longer ski had, like better grip on ice an staying stabel at higher speeds, aren't really important for her yet. Easy handling an controll over the ski is, what counts at the beginning.

Charlie.
23.01.2009, 21:44
i guess 140 would be to short.
i mean, i started snowboarding on a 150.
but Splat, you recommend small ski's?
so i should start around 150 or something?

MBG
23.01.2009, 21:51
i dont know if it makes sense to learn in on skis which are 30 cms less than those u will purchase when u decided that skiing is your thing

you know what i mean? when you gotta start to learn again, namely handle way longer skis

Charlie.
23.01.2009, 22:01
yeaah okay,
i know what you mean,

actually thats kinda obviously.

so acutally , ya recommend the kinda opposite of Splat,
take a bit longer skies?