PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : New Kid In München - PLEASE HELP

Dannie
04.08.2008, 08:03
Hi everybody.
I just moved to München one week ago to dedicate more time to my freestyleskiing along with taking my 1-year "praktikum" at the same time.
Since i am very new in München i don't know anything about the ski-emviroment here. Therefore i have bunch of questions, that i hope some you will kindly answer:

- Which summerdestinations are preffered (Easy transport, prices, park condition)
- Which winterdestinations are preffered (Easy transport, prices, park condition)
- Are there any "wasserschanze" in münchen? Which are preffered?
- Are there any good shops for freestyle skiers in München? And where?
- Are there any snowdomes around München

If you have any further information that could be useful for a new kid in town, don't hesitate to write me.
I understand and read good German, so you can just write me in German if you prefer.
I don't really got a network here yet, so if any of are planning any upcomming events, trips etc. i am very interested.

Dannie Hansen

freak
04.08.2008, 11:04
hi!

and welcome over here!
im not from münchen, but i'll try to tell you what i know...

- Which summerdestinations are preffered (Easy transport, prices, park condition)
- Which winterdestinations are preffered (Easy transport, prices, park condition)
- Are there any "wasserschanze" in münchen? Which are preffered?
- Are there any good shops for freestyle skiers in München? And where?
- Are there any snowdomes around München

-summerdestinations for skiing on glaciers? afaik there are only a few which are still openend now... hintertux (http://www.hintertuxergletscher.at) is afaik the nearest to münchen.
-there are alot of winterdestinations which you can easily reach from münchen...
-theres a wasserschanze in peiting, and there will be a kind of freeskiers-net community meeting, the nex weekend... http://www.freeskiers.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=277&topic=5960.0
-i guess there are some shops^^
-but there arent any snowdomes in this area...

freak~[:fish:&:ghost:]

splat
04.08.2008, 12:25
hi,
the biggest and best known freeski shop in munich is probably http://www.goodstuff.de/.

Zugspitze (with a glacier) and Fellhorn/Kanzelwand can be easily reached by train from munich.

Dannie
07.08.2008, 08:02
Vielen dank für die gute Antwort.

That Peiting thing looks awesome, but unfortunately, i am unavailable that weekend, bcs i injured my knee 10 days ago in Saas Fee, so i need a few weeks relaxing..

:) Ciao

pancugolo
26.08.2008, 11:42
- Summer destinations: I agree with freak, Hintertux is most suitable
- Winter destinations: Beside Garmisch other destinations you can reach by train are Lengries, Mittenwald (Dammkar is awesome freeride area), Kitzbühel and St. Anton. Apart from that there are organized one day or weekend bus trips (e.g. Sport Scheck).
- Shops: You may check www.bittl.de, otherwise one of the sponsors her has a good choice of freeski equipment too (you have to drive to Penzberg though).
- Snowdomes: N/A

Hope this helps and welcome!