PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Fragen über Benutzer in Online Ski Communities

troelsfeodor
23.11.2010, 18:40
Hi guys,

I need help with a quick questionnaire that you guys are the perfect match to answer.
It is in English and about how users in online skiing/snowboarding communities act, what motivates them, ect. It is going to be used in my master's thesis.

Hope you will use a few minutes on giving your inputs. Here is the link:

https://www.defgo.net/s.asp?id=1266651&c=Z7Z9LAZ&s=1&l=eng

Thanks in advance!

splat
23.11.2010, 18:58
what do you study?

troelsfeodor
23.11.2010, 19:02
Master's Degree in International Marketing and Management at Copenhagen Business School.

Specializing in online communities...

Joachim
23.11.2010, 19:03
Snowparks? You mean parks with obstacles, pipe and kickers? Snowparks are absolutely not important for me.
Skiing as I like it means freeriding and touring. And that's at least in wintertime one of the most important things in my life.
So how shoult I answer the question if snowparks/skiing[...] is important to me? What's "jein" in english?

troelsfeodor
23.11.2010, 19:55
Snowparks/Skiing/Snowboarding should be understood as either one of them.
It is just to generalize so it applies to both skiers and boarders ect.

WegWerfHeld
23.11.2010, 20:50
16 out of the 26 questions are pretty much the same and I'm not sure what insight you're hoping to derive thereof.

I'd be much surprised if you conclude anything else than: "they're all a bunch of self proclaimed subject matter experts that love to stroke their egos on the internetz and will force their blatant ignorance upon whoever will read their pesky posts."

Now tell me, what's your theory here?

troelsfeodor
24.11.2010, 06:26
16 out of the 26 questions are pretty much the same and I'm not sure what insight you're hoping to derive thereof.

I'd be much surprised if you conclude anything else than: "they're all a bunch of self proclaimed subject matter experts that love to stroke their egos on the internetz and will force their blatant ignorance upon whoever will read their pesky posts."

Now tell me, what's your theory here?

Haha well there are exactly 3 questions to each of the theoretical constructs that I'm working with. That's how you get statistical results that you can work with. The theories include possession of knowledge, self-efficacy, recognition, reciprocity, extroversion, passion and enjoyment. These are based on existing literature in the field.

But thanks for taking the time to answer!

how
24.11.2010, 09:55
Hi there,

Not quite, the questions actually are very good to find out something about the members of freeskiers.net and of social communities in general. And that is the point here.

That's how you get statistical results that you can work with. The theories include possession of knowledge, self-efficacy, recognition, reciprocity, extroversion, passion and enjoyment. These are based on existing literature in the field.

Gongratualations: Yours is the first (!) of all the "thesis"-questionnaires I have seen and answered here where I would expect interesting and sound results.

I am looking forward to possible results of a cluster analysis of freeskieres.net-members, that you will hopefulle publish here, when you finish your thesis.

Something like that might also help to find marketing partners for freeskiers.net ...

Wolfgang

knut
24.11.2010, 14:56
Kinda crap, the whole thing. Makes you click something averagey just because the possible answers don't really fit what you'd like to say about it.

Especially the last question is mere bullshit. What has the one thing to do with the other?

You're not doing any outdoor sports activity, are you?

jts-nemo
24.11.2010, 16:36
Haha well there are exactly 3 questions to each of the theoretical constructs that I'm working with. That's how you get statistical results that you can work with. The theories include possession of knowledge, self-efficacy, recognition, reciprocity, extroversion, passion and enjoyment. These are based on existing literature in the field.

But thanks for taking the time to answer!

ok, good for you that there is an actual difference between the meaning of these questions. anyway, most people won't get it, i suppose (as WWH first pointed out).

seriously, even when i try to honestly and correctly fill out the questionnaire, i cannot seem to find the distinguishing feature between one question and its two follow-ups.
maybe i am to dumb to get the point of three questions each aiming at a relatively close semantic area, but maybe you should adapt to an avaraged expected dumbness in online-ski-communities ;)

troelsfeodor
24.11.2010, 17:16
Kinda crap, the whole thing. Makes you click something averagey just because the possible answers don't really fit what you'd like to say about it.

Especially the last question is mere bullshit. What has the one thing to do with the other?

You're not doing any outdoor sports activity, are you?

Sorry that you find it crappy. I would rather say it is way too theoretical. And that is the problem with a thesis like this. The theoretical level needed often makes it seem kinda silly and far fetched to regular people.
But unfortunately thats how these things work.

I know the last question is not good wording. I might have to skip the findings from that one.

I am a semi-pro freeskier myself. So I know both worlds and can see where you are coming from.

But thanks anyway for taking the time to fill out the questionnaire.

limo
24.11.2010, 17:59
don`t know